Help Is Here For The Most Complex Family Law Problems
I am attorney Martin Kofsky. For knowledgeable counsel in all areas of divorce, you can turn to my law firm, Kofsky Law Office, P.A. For 29 years, I have served clients in St. Lucie County, Martin County, Palm Beach County, Okeechobee County, Broward County, Miami-Date County, Indian River County, Hillsborough County often dealing with complex and high-conflict family law matters in the region.
Some of the concerns you can come to me for help with include:
- Divorce: My primary focus is on contentious divorces involving significant assets and high-conflict custody issues. We have significant experience representing clients with special needs children such as those with complex medical conditions, autism and Down syndrome.
- Equitable asset distribution: I will advocate for you assertively to characterize assets and debts as marital or nonmarital, address issues concerning waste and the preservation of the marital estate, and the equitable distribution of assets and liabilities.
- Alimony: I help clients determine fair support, identify situations where a spouse is voluntarily unemployed or underemployed or otherwise misstating income, work with the client and financial professionals to create an accurate picture of your finances and the documentary support for positions taken in the case, seek and defend vocational evaluations and otherwise work with clients to optimize outcomes for alimony issues.
- Parental responsibility (decision-making authority): I help clients retain the ability to make or share in important decisions about your child’s health care, education, leisure activities, religious observances and the like and fight to impose or remove restrictions on parenting as needed to serve the interests of my client and the children involved.
- Timesharing (custody and visitation): I will fight for your right to optimize timesharing for your unique situation. I will fight to establish a timesharing schedule that serves your child’s best interests and gets you the time with your kids that you deserve.
- Paternity: I can help you determine paternity and establish parenting plans and timesharing schedules.
- Prenuptial/postnuptial agreements: Negotiation, drafting and enforcement of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
- Relocation: Moving to a new city, county state or country when such relocation requires the development of or changes to parenting plans and timesharing schedules.
- Post-judgment modification: Children get older and have different needs, parties change jobs, lose jobs, make more money or less and experience life after the final judgment is entered. Circumstances change over time and whether you need to modify alimony, child support, change a timesharing schedule, collect unpaid alimony or child support, resolve parenting disputes or address any one of a number of other disputes that might arise post-judgment, I am ready to help you.
In every family law case I handle, my goal is to arrive at a positive outcome that benefits you and your children.
Individualized Solutions For You And Your Family
You only get one shot in the courtroom. That’s it. We can’t approach a court case with a one-size-fits-all approach when significant stakes are involved. It’s my job to make sure that when we walk into the courtroom, you are just as prepared to present as I am. We will put together a customized, creative strategy to give you a favorable chance of achieving what you need. Using innovative approaches when traditional strategies won’t do, I will fight to advance your interests.
Simplify Your Complex Family Issue Today
No matter how complicated a case is, I am ready to get to work to come up with individualized solutions for you. When you are ready, contact my Stuart law office to schedule your initial consultation about representation. Call 772-210-4745 or send me an email.