Dedicated To Developing
Innovative, Equitable Solutions
Mr. Kofsky has been practicing law since 1992 and concentrates his practice in the area of family and marital law. Mr. Kofsky is highly skilled at handling all types family law matters but concentrates his practice on difficult cases involving children, high-conflict and high net worth cases that require a particularly adept touch.
Mr. Kofsky believes that family law matters should be resolved through a well drafted comprehensive settlement agreement rather than through litigation. However, having conducted dozens of trials and hundreds of hearings when passion overtakes reason, he is always ready to fight for his clients with the tenacity and skill that have been the hallmark of his success.
He guides his clients through the difficult legal, emotional and financial challenges often associated with divorce and other family law proceedings. Mr. Kofsky's practice includes all manner of family law matters, including, divorce, high conflict divorce, high net worth divorce, high conflict custody, relocation, modification, prenuptial and post nuptial agreements, mediation, and divorce consulting.
He represents clients in cases in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach County and throughout the Treasure Coast. Although many of his cases are high conflict cases, he represents clients in simple cases as well. A skilled counselor and advisor, Mr. Kofsky works closely with clients before, during and after the case and offers post dissolution consulting as well.
Mr. Kofsky's diverse background and dedication to his clients equips him to confront the challenges of high value complex litigation and optimize his client's result. His experience includes practice in a multi-national firm, as General Counsel and Sr. Vice President for a large health care company, a judicial clerk for the 4th District Court of Appeals. Mr. Kofsky is active in the Justice Teaching program sponsored by the Florida Bar and is an active member of the Palm Beach County and Martin County Bar Associations.
Mr. Kofsky graduated from St. Thomas University School of Law in 1992 and was his class valedictorian. He was the Executive editor for the law review, the recipient of numerous academic awards and honors and was an active and successful member of trial competition teams. Mr. Kofsky also holds a Master of Health Services Administration from Florida International University and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Long Island University.
- St Thomas University School of Law, Miami, Florida
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor - 1992
- Honors: Law Review: St. Thomas Law Review, Editor, 1990 - 1992
- Florida International University
- M.H.S.A. - 1985
- Long Island University, Brookville, New York
- B.A. - 1982
- Honors: R. Gordon Hoxie Award for his excellent academic achievements
Classes & Seminars
- 4th District Court of Appeals, Florida, Judicial Clerk
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Florida Bar, Health Law Section, Member
- National Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Health Care Financial Management Association, Member
- Commercial Law League, Member
Current Employment Position
- Family Law and Divorce
- Business Law and Commercial Litigation
- Health Care
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1993
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating